Our Family Business
On 25th March 2009 Jill took over Ron's Furnishers...
In 1998 Lee, Jill's husband started working at Ron's Furnishers as Driver's Mate. After several months of Lee working for Ron he asked if Jill would be interested in helping with paper work for a few hours a week. Jill helped Ron with paper work over a number of years.
In 2006, Ron offered Jill the opportunity of a Part-time position in selling, Jill was not confident to sell and informed Ron that she couldn't sell as she had no experience in selling, it so happened Jill was in the shop Ron was on his own and there were a few customers, Jill asked if a customer needed help, they replied they would like to purchase a bed, Jill went to inform Ron that they wished to buy. Ron handed Jill the order book, so off Jill went and completed the order. The customer was really pleased with the way she was dealt with. Jill was on a high that she had made her first sale and felt very proud of herself that was the decider for her. She started working for Ron. Ron gave Jill training in all aspects of the job, ensuring she was confident in the work she was doing.
In 2008 Ron announced that he would be retiring in 2009, and that a new owner would be taking over, but as time got closer to Ron retiring the proposed new owner decided it was not for him. Ron then commented to Jill you could run this business, to which she replied yes I could. That was it, Ron set everything in motion, by introducing Jill to the suppliers.
On 25th March 2009 Jill took over Ron's Furnishers, Ron offered his help for 12 months to oversee the changeover. In 2011 a vacancy arose Rachael, Jill's daughter joined the selling team, working alongside her Mom. Rachael was trained up in Measuring and Estimating Carpets. Rachael has since had training on fitting carpets, by our long serving carpet fitter John.
In 2013 Alexandra (Jill's younger daughter joined the team) after completing a 3 year Mechanics course at college. Alex works alongside her Dad Lee, as drivers mate delivering the Beds, Mattresses & Recliner Chairs.
Ron's is a family run business who takes pride in serving the people of Wolverhampton.
We receive quite a lot of thank you letters and people often tell us they have been recommended by a friend to visit us. Here's a small selection of thank you messages customers have sent us.
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank Ron's Furnishers for helping us out in such short notice, we needed a king size bed base at short notice, Rons were able to get one within 24hours and deliver it to us before our guests arrived. a service that is second to none. Well done Ron's, will certainly recommendB Jenkins
- On visiting Ron's Furnishers I was pleasantly surprised to find that Bed's were available in many different sizes, I required a double size divan set, but knowing the base would not go up the stairs in to the loft, I was informed that the base could be supplied in quarters and secured together once in the loft. I was amazed that this was possible. Thank you Ron's Furnishers for this information. Will certainly recommend.B. Simpson
- How pleased I was after phoning Ron's Furnishers and booking a measure for new carpet in my lounge and hallway, they came round swiftly and measured up, I went in Ron's picked the carpet, the price was exceptionally good, arranged fitting day. They are moved the furniture and uplifted my old carpet as I live on my own. Carpet looks lovely. what a service I shall certainly recommend they are the place to go." Many thanks Ron's FurnishersM. Marsh
- I was recommended to visit Ron's Furnishers as I was new to the area, I was looking for a new bed, on visiting I was surprised at the range of beds that was there, and the prices. I was impressed with the information that the assistant gave me regarding the spring a systems that was in the Mattresses. I finally decided on a bed then to choose a head board which again with a large range fabrics. I took delivery within 7 days the delivery guys were really helpful and pleasant. So glad I was recommend to Ron's Furnishers, where you get the personal attention . Highly recommend Ron's.C. Highfield
- Had carpets fitted in the recently extended lounge . Looks great a quality service on price and fitting.. So pleased with the result decided to have the stairs and landing done as well. I would certainly recommend Rons.DJ
- A great range of carpets at sensible prices, all backed up by a very friendly and courteous service. Super quick delivery and fitting . 100% satisfaction with our purchase.C. Nutt
- Ron's Furnishers provide a honest, reliable service, providing excellent quality and value for money. I have already recommended then to family and friends.S. Gritton
- This is just to thank you for your brilliant service over the past weekend in delivering a Recliner Chair to my brother in Walsall, he is very happy with the chair and is far more comfortable. Thank you so much for being able to deliver it so swiftly.D.B. Sadler (Mrs)
- I would like to thank you the service that I received from Ron's, on my purchase of my carpet. The carpet fitted within days, the fitterr did a fantastic job, he turned up early fitted the carpet so quickly and I was able to get to work for 9am. What service well done." Thank youW.Webb
- We would like to say a huge thank you for the fantastic job of fitting our carpet. Jill you were so supportive and patient during the weeks leading up to our fitting, nothing was too much trouble! We will definitely use Ron's in the future.D. Harris
- I would like to thank Ron's Furnishers for their help and advice given to me when choosing a new bed,I was spoilt for choice. The information I was given helped me make my decision. The delivery of the bed was prompt, the delivery team was very friendly and helpful they assembled the bed and removed the old bed for me. What wonderful service I received from all staff. Well done Ron's will highly recommend. Small businesses certainly give the personal service." Well doneN. Lane
- At Ron's you couldn't ask for a better service, staff were very helpful, the carpet I ordered was good quality and the old carpet taken up with the furniture moved. I would certainly recommend Ron's to anyone and will certainly use again. Thanks again.P Fletcher
- Had carpets fitted in the recently extended lounge. Looks great!! A quality service on price and fitting ... So pleased with the result decided to have the Stairs and Landing done as well. Also orders beds again quality service and delivery, beds so comfortable. Would certainly recommend Ron's.D.J Willey
- A big thank you to Ron's Furnishers, I had unexpected visitors arrive and needed a bed desperatelyRon's were able to get a bed out to me within an hour. Staff were brilliant and understanding regarding my situation. THANKS AGAIN. will certainly recommend.V Cahill